Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hair Extensions Review

Part 1: Haha okay you guys are going to laugh. NEVER EVER..get your extensions put in at a cosmetology school. EVER! Lol First bad thing is that they are complete newbies and have no idea what they are doing. Second bad thing is no one there knew how to make a cornrow. Third thing is they had no idea how to do extensions. They were never trained in them or anything. Like I knew more them then and I was telling them how to do it. Well the worst part of it all is that they still tried! And everyone would walk by and be like wow that’s so cool. Omg you cant even tell. Wow.

Well guess what I thought they looked horrible. I wasn’t sure why it was horrible but I knew it just wasn’t right. So I went to my local salon who told me they cant do extensions because they had no training and that I should go to this other salon downtown.

So I walk in and the lady was super nice when I was complaining about my hair she was all trying to tell me stuff that was wrong with it and whatever. So I  just straight up and asked how much is it going to cost for you to fix it for me? And it turned out it was sixty bucks. I was totally fine with that seeing as how she redid some of my extensions and added more with her own bag of hair.

So now my extensions look really good and they blend really well. My only complaint about it would be that she reused some of the braids the ladies at the cosmetology school used and they seem really loose. Also my hair is really heavy! Haha but I totally expected that I added on 18 inches of hair! No duh its going to be heavy! Lol

Part 2: The day I finished typing that the ones that dint get fixed at the second salon decided to fall out! So I went to 7 different salons trying to just get them taken out. And that’s when I met Johnny. He is awesome. He took out my extensions and he washed  my hair and all that good stuff for free. Not only that but he kept my extensions so her can make me clip ons and he is going to teach me how to put them on and all that great stuff. I honestly have no idea how much he will charge me for doing the clip ons but I think it will be well worth it.

As you can see I went through a pretty expensive process here. If you decided to go get extensions go to a professional who specializes in them. PLEASE don’t make the same mistakes I did. =)

Prices:
Hair: 60.00
Needle: 1.99
Thread: 2.00
Cosmetology school: 90.00
Second Salon: 60.00
Second Bag of hair: 60.00
Third Salon: Free
Clip-Ons: unknown
Total: 273.99

All this could have been avoided if I went to the second salon first. And it would have been 120.00 ish

Questions Comments or Replys
Twitter: @B_alanna

No comments: