Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dark Circles: 101

Do you have dark circles?



I know I do. I am here today to tell you how I reduce my dark circles. Then I will tell you how to properly conceal them.

So to start lets take a look at what causes dark circles. Lack of vitamins, dryness, getting to much sun, bruising, and lack of sleep are the major causes of dark circles. Getting to the underlying cause makes it much easier to find a cure. Now, just so we are clear, I am not offering a cure. All I am doing with this blog is sharing what I do to reduce my dark circles and how I hide them.

Lack of vitamins is among the top causes to dark circles. So what is the easy way to ensure you are getting all your vitamins? Take a daily multi vitamin of course! =) Any one could have told you that. But I am here to tell you, as a student majoring in nutrition; it is much healthier to get your vitamins from food. So please, eat a variety of foods in a variety of color.
vegetables
Dryness..hummm Now how do we fix dryness? Moisturizer! Duh. Apply moisturizer to your whole face including under your eyes. But please be gentle. You don't want to break the blood vessels! Which leads me to the next topic.
young woman applying a moisturizer to help with dry skin
Bruising. Bruising comes from rubbing the eyes. This breaks all the little blood vessels under your eye and can cause bruising which is also considered dark circles. So be gentle around your eyes and you can reduce dark circles that easy.

Wear sun screen because sun exposure is bad for your skin and worsens your dark circles.

And lastly, get enough sleep. That was the obvious one. Sleep deprivation causes dark circles. 8 hours of sleep a day keeps the dark circles away. Well hopefully you sleep at night but you get my point. I hope.

Now my secrets to hiding dark circles. Yellow cancels out darkness. Just like green cancels out red. Apply yellow tinted concealer on your dark circles. If you do not have yellow tinted concealer try this. Apply a light yellow eye shadow on your dark circles. Kind of like the yellow on this flower.

Blend the crap out of it. Make sure it is hardly noticeable and then apply a concealer.

Then apply your normal foundation. Now your dark circles should be hidden and you should look even more amazing! =)
Hope you guys enjoyed. I really hope this works for you guys since it works for me. I would never tell you guys to do something that didn't work for myself.
If you have any questions feel free to email me at kb.red804@gmail.com and follow me on twitter @B_alanna

Almost forgot to mention I just googled these pictures as always. I do not take credit for these pictures. I feel like I have to say this every time so I don't get in trouble someday! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's difficult to find knowledgeable people about this topic, but you seem like you know what you're talking
about! Thanks

Look at my web-site :: http://vivexinsite.com