Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jewelry

I know I am the last person to tell anyone about jewelry. I mean I usually throw some on and pretend like I know something.

So for those who are like me I will share my tips and tricks for jewelry. If you are really into jewelry email me. Let me know what you have to say and all your tricks =)

So, to get started I like my jewelry to contrast and stand out against my outfit. So I usually think about a color wheel and go directly opposite of the color I am currently wearing.

Here is a color wheel.
Color wheel diagram

So you don't have to go directly across. For example my favorite combination right know is pairing my navy blue outfits with light pink jewelry. But it does contrast. Pink pops right off all the navy blue. 

One of my rules is you don't want to be to matchy matchy.

Second thing is the bigger the better. Its 2010 about to be 2011 and big jewelery is in! Im not sure about the fashion forecast with jewelry for 2011 but for sure big jewelry should stay around for at least the beginning of the year. I find dangling jewelry is really popular to.

I have never been a fan of hoop earrings but I know a lot of people like those. I like the dangly earrings and studs. Not a fan of plugs at all.

Uhm for necklaces i find nature is a big in. You find them with bird leaves cute nature stuff. tons of humming birds!


Rings...Go big or go home! =) flowers, squares, bows and hearts!


So this is just stuff I have noticed in the jewelry world. Im not really all that into it but I was asked earlier this week what are jewelry trends so this is what i noticed.

None of these pictures are mine! Found them on google image search. I dont know if i would get in trouble if i didnt say anything and the wrong person found out. So im just letting you guys know i took these from google images! =)

My email is kb.red804@gmail.com

email me with thoughts questions comments and requests! =)

No comments: